Christen E. Hagemann
Christen E. Hagemann is a senior partner with Wolf & Fox, P.C. Ms. Hagemann focuses her law practice on family law, real estate transactions, business transactions, gaming law, and employment law.
Ms. Hagemann is recognized as a New Mexico Board Certified Family Law Specialist. For over a decade, Ms. Hagemann has effectively and efficiently represented her clients in all aspects of family law including divorce, separation, custody, visitation/timesharing, child support, interim support, alimony/spousal support, adoption, business valuations, asset protection, and drafting complex settlement agreements. Ms. Hagemann's extensive knowledge and experience in settlement negotiations and litigation have resulted in positive outcomes for her clients. Ms. Hagemann's goal in representing her family law clients is to develop a plan that is tailored to reach their specific objectives while minimizing their worries during a stressful time.
In relation to family law, Ms. Hagemann is also appointed to serve as Guardian ad Litem representing minor children in highly contested custody cases. Ms. Hagemann is also regularly chosen by the Court to serve as a settlement facilitator to attempt to mediate contested divorces and legal separations.
In addition to family law, Ms. Hagemann practices in the area of real estate law, business transactions, gaming. law, and employment law. Ms. Hagemann's experience in these areas of law include the preparation of purchase agreements (residential and commercial), the preparation of business formation documents, drafting management and operating agreements, employment contracts, training manuals, developing training programs, assisting with gaming and employment compliance related matters, and defending unemployment claims.
As a well-known leader in the Albuquerque community, Ms. Hagemann is active in many organizations. Ms. Hagemann is a member of the New Mexico Bar Association, a member of the Albuquerque Bar Association, Vice President of the Commerce Center/Commercial at Enchanted Hills Owners' Association, serves as SPRC Board Member for Mesa View United Methodist Church, serves as a member of the Bridge the Gap Curriculum Committee, is a Bridge the Gap mentor, former member of Albuquerque Reads Committee through the Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce, former member of the Albuquerque Professional Business Women's Association, and former Children's Court Mentor.
Ms. Hagemann has been recognized as a top young professional in both and Albuquerque and the State of New Mexico. In 2016, Ms. Hagemann was honored to be named one of Albuquerque Business First's "40 Under Forty" and in 2012, Ms. Hagemann was bestowed with the Young Profession of the year award by both the Albuquerque Professional Business Women and the New Mexico Professional Business Women.
Ms. Hagemann received her Bachelor Degree in Public Administration from Michigan State University in 2000 (GO GREEN!) and her Juris Doctor degree from John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois in 2005.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Custody and Visitation
- Business and Commercial Law
- Gaming Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law Specialist, New Mexico Board of Legal Specialization, 2016
- New Mexico, 2005
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctorate - 2005
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- B.S. - 2000
- Major: Public Administration
- Top 9 Current Challenges in Family Law, NBI, 6/2012
- Dividing Debt During Divorce, NBI, 11/2012
- Divorce Litigation from Start to Finish, NBI, 12/2013
- Hearsay, Email, Business Records and Social Media-in the Trenches, NBI, 8/2014
- Family Law From A to Z, NBI, 9/2015
- Advanced Issues in Adoption, NBI, 12/2015
- Advanced Issues in Family and Divorce Law, NBI, 8/2016
Honors and Awards
- Albuquerque Business First "40 Under Forty", 2016 - Present
- Albuquerque Professional Business Women - Young Professional of the Year, 2012 - Present
- New Mexico Professional Business Women-Young Professional Award, 2012 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Mexico State Bar Association, Member, 2005 - Present
- Albuquerque Bar Association, Member, 2005 - Present
- Enchanted Hills Owners' Association, Vice President of Commerce Center/Commercial, 2012 - Present
- Mesa View Methodist Church, SPRC Board Member, 2014 - Present
- Bridge the Gap Curriculum Committee, 2015
- Bridge the Gap Mentor, 2015 - 2016
- Albuquerque Reads Committee, 2014 - 2015
- Albuquerque Professional Business Woment's Committee, 2011 - 2013
- Childrens Court Mentor, 2009 - 2011
Past Employment Positions
- Michigan House of Representatives, Legislative Aide, 1998 - 2001
Pro Bono Activities
- Youth Mentor, Second Judicial District Children’s Court Mentor Program
- Volunteer Pro Bono Attorney Facilitator, Second Judicial District Court
- Volunteer Pro-Bono Attorney, Law-La-Palooza
- Wolf & Fox, P.C. Pro Bono Day
- Peter Johnstone Settlement Facilitiation Day