Kimberly L. Padilla
Upon receiving her Juris Doctorate degree from the University of New Mexico School of Law in 2007, Ms. Padilla began her career focusing primarily on adoption law. During that time, Ms. Padilla represented clients in all aspects of the adoption process including representing birth parents who were agreeing to the adoption of a child or contesting the termination of their parental rights, as well as representing clients seeking to adopt a child. Those adoption cases have included step-parent adoptions, inter-familial adoptions, open adoptions, closed adoptions, adoptions involving children from other states, and international adoptions. Ms. Padilla has been a member of the Advisory Board for the New Mexico Adoption Exchange since 2007 and has presented at many legal seminars on topics including adoption and assisted reproduction law. Ms. Padilla joined Wolf & Fox P.C. in 2010, where she continues to provide sound legal representation for clients involved in pursuing or contesting an adoption.
Upon joining Wolf & Fox, P.C., Ms. Padilla’s practice expanded to include all areas of family law including domestic violence, divorce, legal separation, and paternity and all of the related issues such as custody, timesharing and visitation, child support, spousal support, and division of property and debt. She is devoted to making sure that things are handled properly the first time around and ensuring that her clients are fully protected.
In 2014, Ms. Padilla became recognized as a New Mexico Board Certified Family Law Specialist. To compliment her family law practice and assist her clients and other parties with resolving legal disputes, Ms. Padilla is also certified as an Advanced Family Law Mediator.
Ms. Padilla is focused on making sure that each of her clients get the best results possible. She is committed to listening to her clients to fully understand their goals and negotiating agreements that are in the best interests of her clients. When agreement cannot be reached, Ms. Padilla will advocate for her clients and protect their rights in Court.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody and Visitation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law Specialist, New Mexico Board of Legal Specialization, 2014
- New Mexico, 2007
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Juris Doctorate - 2007
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- B.A. summa cum laude - 2004
- Major: Sociology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Albuquerque Bar Association, Member
- New Mexico Adoption Exchange, Advisory Board Member, 2007 - Present
- New Mexico State Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Pro Bono Attorney Facilitator, Second Judicial District Court
- Volunteer Pro-Bono Attorney, Law-La-Palooza
- Wolf & Fox, P.C. Pro Bono Day
- Peter H. Johnstone Settlement Facilitiation Day - Volunteer Settlement Faciliator