Adopting a child is an exciting experience, but it can also be complicated. The lawyers at Wolf & Fox, P.C., help clients all over New Mexico enjoy a permanent parent-child relationship through a successful adoption.
Who Can Adopt In New Mexico?
Every adoption of a child is unique. Our lawyers at Wolf & Fox can answer all of your questions and address your concerns about your particular situation to help you determine the best way to proceed. We have experience handling adoptions involving all types of scenarios, including:
- Closed adoptions — when the birth parents sign over all parental rights, including visitation rights and do not stay in touch with the child
- Open adoptions — when the birth parents are allowed to have some contact with the adoptive parents and the child
- Domestic adoptions — any adoption of a child from any U.S. state
- International adoptions — any adoption of a child from another country, which involves the laws of the child's home country, U.S. adoption laws and New Mexico's adoption policies
- Stepparent adoptions — when the stepparent wants to be legally recognized as the parent of the child or children
- Grandparent/interfamilial adoptions — when a family member such as a grandparent, aunt, uncle or other relative seeks to be legally recognized as the parent
While many adoptions are done with the consent of the birth parents, some cases are contested by the birth parents. The lawyers at our firm also have experience successfully representing adoptive parents and birth parents in disputed adoptions.
Give Our Firm A Call Today
For more than 25 years, the team of attorneys at Wolf & Fox has guided families through the complexities of the adoption process. We understand that adoptions can be an emotional process, which is why we use our expertise and teamwork to help you and your family. Our lawyers are here to protect your rights and interests, while securing those of the child being adopted.
To schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney at our firm, contact our Albuquerque office by calling 505-633-8381 or sending us a message online. We return all calls and messages promptly for your convenience.